Monday, August 17, 2015

Keeping Busy While the Critique Partners Read


Last we spoke, I was waiting for feedback on Traitors & Tyrants. I'm still waiting on feedback from some people but the initial reaction from my critique partner was good. The manuscript has a long way to go and I'm excited to work on it again, but am also dreading it. So what is a writer to do with all of this free time?

I've dabbled with another novel idea but it's hard to abandon Traitors & Tyrants the way I need to in order to really get down to it and write a new novel. So in the mean time, I've been working on my school of course. I have a huge test this Saturday and everything is all set for it. Hopefully, I'll pass this Saturday and be able to move onto my next semester.

I am indeed working on an associates degree in Marketing but I've been contemplating getting a bachelors in history. I've always loved studying ancient civilizations. History fascinates me and I think it'd been really cool to major in it. I'm still thinking about it right and looking at colleges to see what my options are but this is something I've never really considered before and I'm both intimidated and excited by the idea.

I've also been looking at taking some photography classes. A local college is offering some classes so there's a high probability that I'll be forking out some money and going to those in the evening. I've always wanted to be able to take beautiful pictures and recently bought a $300 dollar camera for a really good price. At least, I thought it was a good price. For less than $900 I could have a photography certificate, which is cool. I've always loved taking pictures so this is kind of a life long dream that I could possibly fulfill before the end of the year.

Adding to this all, I've met one of my financial goals and am pretty excited about it since I never though I'd be able to do it. But I've saved and saved and I've finally made it.

I've been reading a ton of great blog posts and am currently obsessed with The Young Adventuress. Liz has gone to so many cool places that I've always dreamed of visiting - places I may only ever dream of visiting. (Although, if I had it my way I'd at least see Italy.) Liz inspires me to try new things I've always wanted to do but have never done. I've never flown on a plane before but that'll be changing this March. Perhaps after that I won't be such a coward about flying by myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment