Thursday, June 16, 2016

Wandering Projects - I Am Indecisive


Unfortunately, I have the same story as usual to offer. No, I haven't done much writing lately. New ideas have been teasing me and I've written about 10K in a new story, but I haven't committed to anything lately.

To my pleasure though, I have been reading a non-fiction novel about Hatshepsut and have been learning a lot of about her and what ancient Egypt looked like. I've done additional research on the side and, with my love of ancient Egypt in hand, have been imagining a new story.

This story only exists in the pages of a notebook and I don't know if it's viable or where it's going exactly. I have thoughts and ideas, but nothing more. Mostly, this story is just for me. I want to see if I can pull something like this off. So yes, I am being cryptic on purpose. I don't want to divulge this one quite yet. I am enjoying its vibe and the way it transports me into my own little version of ancient Egypt.

On the other hand, the story I've written 10K in is science fiction and is the type of scifi that I love and don't see often. At least, that's how it is in my head. I've loved writing it and my target word goal for this project, code name: Layered, is about 60K. I'm actually hoping to draft the rest of it this July during Camp NaNoWriMo.

I've taken brief excursions into a couple of other ideas I've been wanting to write for quite some time as well but I'm not ready to commit to them quite yet.

In the mean time, I'm planning on finishing this round of edits for Traitors & Tyrants (hopefully before July). I still haven't completed them since November and it's time to get the rest of it done. I'll be reading what I have then finishing revisions for part 2. Now, I haven't done any actual writing for it, but I have been thinking about what to do with the ending. I believe I've happened upon one that neatly ties things together but that leaves the story open for a second book.

So yes, my writing has been sporadic but I've done an awful lot of brainstorming and that counts for something, right? I've been wanting to get serious about this lately though so I suppose it's time to buckle down and just do it right?

No comments:

Post a Comment