Thursday, November 7, 2013

Welcome, Readers!

Hey there! People of the interwebs, I am a yet unpublished author in the thick of writing my first contemporary novel. It lacks a name, synopsis, and, yes, outline. Because I'm totally flying by the seat of my pants here, only knowing my main objective and seeing only a few steps in front of me at any given time.

So, you've now entered my world during a time in which I have set a minimum goal 3,000 words a day for the entire month of November because it is National Novel Writing Month, also known as NaNoWriMo or NaNo. For those of you who don't know, NaNoWriMo is a non-profit organization designed to help people write 50,000 words in the month of November. Winners receive bragging rights, prizes from sponsors, and a cute certificate to print out.

I've been writing novels since before my first NaNoWriMo in 2009, but it wasn't until then that I finally finished my first one. Since then, I've written quite a few. Things have changed over the years, and as long as things go according to plan, I'll be seeking publication this coming year.

As I've discovered (and not to my surprise), the 1,677 pace imposed by the founders of NaNoWriMo is the normal pace of a published author. Therefore, I've decided that since I don't do nearly enough writing during the year, I'll be building a steady habit of 1,677 words every single day.

Now that you know what this blog is about, here's a bit about myself.

I am actually a book blogger over at Chasm of Books, and have been busy building over there this past year. I play piano. I read (obviously). I go to church. I love music (yes, I novel to it too). And I work. That's about it.

I believe that the true test of whether or not you're cold is by checking you nose. If it's cold, then, well that is cold. If not, then you aren't that cold. I know this because I was cold for years. I have the fluffy socks to prove it. There were quite a few sweaters given to me for years. My grandmother (mom's side), always knew what to get me. As it turns out, the key to being warm turns out to be chasing children throughout the day to prevent them from hurting each other or themselves. Mostly themselves (you know, climbing on tables and chairs, standing on slides, etc.).

So now that I've introduced myself, let me know a bit about you and what brought you here!
 
In the mean time, you can follow this blog on Bloglovin' and keep track of my progress this month here.

No comments:

Post a Comment