Sunday, November 8, 2015

NaNoWriMo 2015: Week 1 Brings Relief


It is the part of the day where I procrastinate for a hour or two before settling in to write my daily NaNoWriMo words. It's been a busy 8 days. I didn't hit my daily word counts every single day last week but I did write something every day last week.

Perhaps the big question now is how are revisions going? When the month started, I was partially dreading Traitors & Tyrants, but I made myself sit down and begin revisions once more. As I worked, it felt almost the same way it did when I began revisions for Hector's POV several months ago.

I've had to recreate a few details, but I'm pretty darn happy with what I have. I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's good that I lost all of those revisions, but I will say I was right. The words didn't come out the same way they did last time, and as a tragic as it is, it's also a good thing because I truly believe that these revisions are better than the ones I'd made before. Funny how that is.

As I'd hoped, NaNoWriMo is teaching me how to love Traitors & Tyrants again and I couldn't be more relieved. Now I'm off to go do some more writing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment