Monday, October 10, 2016

What's this? A Screenplay?


It's been a couple of weeks or so since last I updated this place, so here I am again. What's new? A lot actually!

Last week I received my track assignment for college. The school I'm attending breaks the school year up by each season so they can admit more students. I've been assigned to the fall/winter track, which means I'll be heading off in January for my first semester. I'll be able to register for classes mid-November and I have a very long to-do list to get ready for school.

I'm up to 15,000 words in my sci-fi novel. I haven't written much the past couple of weeks but it's definitely on my list of projects to complete. I'm still hoping to have it done by the end of October though.

As for NaNoWriMo, I'm going to do it. I thought about not doing it but... I'll be in school during the fall for the next four years. So I'm going to do it again this year and I'm going to succeed. Again. I'm thinking about just writing this novel as I go. At this moment, I don't think I'm going to outline it.

Something else has happened though - something exciting. A friend and I have decided that we are going to write a screenplay together. I say "we" but our current agreement is that I write the screenplay and he storyboards it. We've just started working on the project. We've named the main character and have a concept down but we still have a lot of ground to cover. I've never written an entire screenplay before, but I'm excited to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment